CONTENTS OF PRIVACY NOTICE
MediaMedica has issued this Privacy notice to describe how we handle the personal information that we hold for third parties with whom MediaMedica has entered into a relationship with. We respect the privacy rights of individuals and are committed to handling personal information responsibility and in accordance with applicable laws. This privacy notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you and how you can exercise your privacy rights. It applies to all individuals who access our website at www.diet-whisperer.com or engage our services.
We are MediaMedica Ltd, a company registered in England under number 12588057. Our office is Izabella house, 24-26 Regent Place, Birmingham, B1 3NJ. The following information represents our practices regarding your personal data and how we will process it. The policy applies to all individuals or companies who access our website and / or engage our services. We encourage you to read this Privacy Notice in full, to ensure that you are fully informed. To summarise: • We will always use your data in accordance with applicable law • We will never sell your data • We will always respect your wishes about how you would like to be contacted
The following terms are used throughout:
- The privacy and cookie policies are referred to as the “Policy” • MediaMedica Ltd is referred to as “MediaMedica” “Company”, “we”, “us” and “our” The MediaMedica website at the following address: www.diet-whisperer.com is referred to as “Website”, “site” • The term services(s) refers to our products • A visitor to the site, a user of the services, or a subscriber is referred to as “you”, “yourself” and “your” • Personal data refers to all the data that we collect about you
3. What does MediaMedica do?
The following terms are used throughout: • The privacy and cookie policies are referred to as the “Policy” • MediaMedica Ltd is referred to as “MediaMedica” “Company”, “we”, “us” and “our” • The MediaMedica website at the following address: www.diet-whisperer.com is referred to as “Website”, “site” • The term services(s) refers to our products • A visitor to the site, a user of the services, or a subscriber is referred to as “you”, “yourself” and “your” • Personal data refers to all the data that we collect about you MediaMedica provides medical information. This is the form of books, videos, blogs and on social media. MediaMedica also offers goods for sale.
4. The legal bases for our processing of personal
Information is: We collect and process personal information where necessary to perform our services with you. Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information will depend on our relationship with you and the specific context in which we collect it. We will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (for example, when providing our Services), or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to process personal information about you or may need to process personal information in order to exercise, establish or defend legal claims. If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences, if any, if you do not provide your personal information)
5. When do we collect your personal data?
We may collect and use personal information about you for the following purposes: • When you create an account with us • When you register on our website to subscribe to our services • When you engage with us on social media • When you download our app • When you contact us by any means with requests about our products, our services, queries, etc • When you give us feedback, comments or complaints on the service that we provide • For the purpose of general business relationships with MediaMedica and for contractual purposes • For direct marketing in connection with our business activities, products and services • To manage our daily business activities
6. What sort of personal data do we collect?
7. How and why do we use your personal data?
8. How we protect your personal data
• We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information • We limit access to your personal data to those who have a business to know
9. How long will we keep your personal data?
• We will store your personal information for as long as we have an existing relationship with you and otherwise as required by applicable law. Generally, this means your personal data will be retained until the end of your relationship with us and as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. • We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose that we collected it • We retain your personal data for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements • When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it, or if this is not possible, we will securely store your personal information and isolate if from any further processing until deletion is possible
11. Where your personal data may be processed
• Your personal information is processed in the UK. Our website servers are located in the UK. MediaMedica operates in the UK. When we collect your personal information, we do so in accordance with applicable law
12. What are your rights over your personal data?
• You have the right to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information. You may do this at any time, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org • You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us by email at email@example.com • You have the right to lodge a complaint with us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org • We respond to all requests received from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. • If you believe that your complaint is unresolved, you have the right to lodge a complaint by sending an email to the Information Commissioner’s Office, website: www. ico.org.uk
13. How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
15. Contacting the Regulator
• You may lodge a complaint by sending an email to the Information Commissioner’s Office, website: www. ico.org.uk/concerns or calling them on 0303 123 1113
16. Any questions?
• We hope that this Privacy Notice has been helpful, in setting out the way that we handle your personal data and your rights to control it. If you have any questions, please contact our data protection officer, who will be pleased to help you. • If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please email us at email@example.com
We will post any modifications or changes to the Policy on our Site. We reserve the right to modify the Policy at any time, so we encourage you to review it frequently. The “Last Updated” legend below indicates when this Policy was last changed. If we make any material change(s) to the Policy, we will post a notice on our Site prior to such changes(s) taking effect. In the event that such a change could materially affect your privacy, you will be notified without delay by appropriate means.
18. Contacting Us
Updated March 2021